Continuing your lease is one of the best ways to save money in Isla Vista next year. It is quick and easy, so check out the info below and keep your place!
What's your deal?
(There are two types of continuing leases)
My Roommates and I are all going to stay. No one's leaving, and no one's adding on:
You have it made. This is the easiest way to continue, and doesn't require you to come up with any money to stay. Just follow the steps below and relax.
- Everyone in your apartment on the lease needs to submit new applications before January 11, 2017. Or risk losing the place.
Information changes, and we are required to have it. There are NO application fees.
- Once approved, relax. Your deposit from this year will be rolled over to the next year minus any outstanding debits.
- See, we told you that was easy.
I'm staying, but my roommates are getting outta here.
Still totally do-able, but you are going to have to take a few more steps. Hey, it's still a whole lot easier than finding a new place!
- Both you and the people you want to add on to your existing apartment need to submit new applications.
- Once approved, you will need to come up with a new deposit for the next year.
We are required to refund the current deposit to everyone who is on your lease for this year minus any debits. We think it's weird too, but we all have to play by the rules.
BEFORE YOU FREAK OUT, CHECK THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT PLAN BELOW.
- Everyone who submitted approved applications signs the new lease either in our office or via email.
Deposit Payment Plan:
Just because you have to pay a new deposit for your continuing lease with new people added on doesn't mean that you all need to scramble to get a ton of cash together right away. We want to work with you and your new group to keep your pad for the next year. All you need to do is to come up with a portion of the deposit now, and then pay the rest later. Sweet deal, right?
If your apartment is a:
1 bedroom or studio: $250
2 bedrooms: $500
3 or more bedrooms: $1000.
FACT: Continuing leases save money in a couple of ways:
- You are offered a special continuing rate, which is often much cheaper that what you are paying now.
- Things like paint amortize (have a life span) in your apartment, so if the place has to be painted after the second year, you can't be charged for it. Call our office to find out the last time things were replaced
- You lived there, so you probably know the place pretty well. Call us about adding something cool or new to the property. We rely on you to help us make the places good for years to come, so don't be afraid to ask for something.
- You won't have to pay for storage when your lease expires in June. That's a ton of money!
- Stay in the apartment all summer. No moving costs, no utility setup costs, and no hassle of rolling your mattress down the street on a skateboard.